Monday, May 20, 2013

Gaining Perspective at Pike Place

This weekend, I took part in a drawing workshop with Frank Ching and Gail Wong, of Seattle Urban Sketcher fame. We had hours of time to think about perspective and color. It was challenging to try to see and sketch through architectural eyes. We finished with a morning at the Pike Place Market. I enjoyed the company of new sketcher Emily while we tried to apply what we learned at the iconic market entrance.  I heard voices in my head - horizon line, space, viewpoint, context, contrast. Whew. Plenty to absorb.

2 comments:

  1. Great market sketches, Peggy! It was fun learning and sketching with you at the workshop. I just hope I can retain and apply what I learned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina! This particular sketch worked well for keeping Frank and Gail's lessons in mind. I also hope I can integrate their ideas!

      Delete